Color scheme: Pink and green pastels (Spring feels)
Theme: Vintage and shabby chic
Complementing colors: Vintage photo (Distress oxide by Tim Holtz) and black
Duration of this project: 1hr 15mins (glue dries overnight)
- 8 x 10 canvas. I bought mine from amazon.com a long time ago. If you have Michael’s or dollar store, you can get them there also.
- Prima – Finnabair – Art Basics – Heavy Body Gel – 8.5 Ounces. Ideal adhesive for dimensional art projects. Scent is less offensive than the E6000 transparent glue. https://bit.ly/2URhcsd
- Tacky glue. https://bit.ly/2t7xEJk. Less expensive than and you get more product in a bottle.
- E6000 transparent glue. I would say that it is the most reliable and heavy duty adhesive that I have used so far. https://bit.ly/2WUTnSn
Stencil, modeling and texture pastes
- Number and Vintage themed stencil. I bought mine from AliExpress https://bit.ly/2MWzwNU. If you do not want to buy from a Chinese website, Scrapbook.com is a great alternative https://bit.ly/2GAGWFn.
- Modeling Paste. I bought mine from Michaels and it was C$34.99. You dont have to use this one exactly. Great option from Scrapbook.com https://bit.ly/2MWkkk3.
- Stone effect paste from Finnabair. Love using these texture paste! They do give the cement, limestone and pumice textures when they dry. Got mine from Michaels on 50% off discount. You can also find this at https://bit.ly/2Gpdmnl.
Stamps and stamping ink
- Vintage stamp. I got mine from AliExpress https://bit.ly/2E2Ag17. An alternative would be https://bit.ly/2Dufvdh
- Filigree stamp. I got mine again from AliExpress https://bit.ly/2UPYXn5. Scrapbook.com also has lots of options https://bit.ly/2tfCCna
- Another vintage stamp. I’ve used the one that I bought from Aliexpress https://bit.ly/2DppX5Y. Scrapbook.com has different vintage rubber stamps as well https://bit.ly/2MXrZOP.
- Black Archival ink. I think that I got mine from Amazon a long time ago. What I love about it is, it has lasted me for more than 5 years. Scrapbook.com also sells this https://bit.ly/2jPYp09, or you can find them at Michaels as well.
Acrylic paint, primer and pigments
- White Gesso by Artist loft. Has more of a satin finish. So if you want an opaque Gesso, Scrapbook.com has it https://bit.ly/2N2ZVKc. I have not tried it personally. However, if I would look for a different gesso consistency, I would try this.
- Craftsmart acrylic paint in Holiday Green. I bought a whole 24 pcs per pack at Michaels https://bit.ly/2WT30Rr. It gives a good color payoff – paint color isn’t dull. I would recommend it for someone who wanted a cheaper option.
- Craftsmart acrylic paint in Burgundy. Also included in the package of acrylic paint from Michaels https://bit.ly/2SFtGpy. Probably a favorite shade of old rose or vintage pink. It’s like reddish,brown and pink all combined.
- Distress Oxide by Tim Holtz in Vintage photo. A favorite of mine, the downside is that it can never touch anything wet or you will smear the pigment. Got mine from Scrapbook.com https://bit.ly/2N30lAg.
- Prima – Finnabair – Art Alchemy – Metallique Wax – Aged Brass. Very fragrant and I love using it as well. This is more water resistant compared to the Distress Oxide. It is great for highlighting textures or coloring an entire area as well. Opaque in coverage https://bit.ly/2GjSltU.
- My leftover tags that I used as our wedding thank you notes https://bit.ly/2Gkrv5a
- Acrylic clear beads. I got these from the dollar store or Michaels. Great for adding smaller textures on the canvas.
- Wood embellishments from the Dollar store. If you don’t have a dollar store, you can also get them from Michaels or Scrapbook.com https://bit.ly/2TGq83G. The swirly vintage design embellishments are from AliExpress https://bit.ly/2DtKs17.
- DIY molds using hot glue sticks and Prima IOD Moulds. Got mine from Scrapbook.com https://bit.ly/2DqIpuL.
- Vintage key. I bought it from Alibaba.com, however, the seller does not sell this anymore. This would be the closest that I can find:https://bit.ly/2MZV1gP
- Metal embellishment. Purchased from AliExpress https://bit.ly/2WMWRpQ and https://bit.ly/2WQpCC6. Scrapbook.com alternative here https://bit.ly/2toJ37L.
- Artificial flowers. It was an accumulation of past purchases from the thrift and online stores.
- Chipboard from Scrapbook.com https://bit.ly/2I5nEKU.
- Lace from Fabricland
- Gems from Scrapbook.com https://bit.ly/2tf1RpB.
*Affiliate link from Scrapbook.com - should you purchase the product using my link, I might be receiving a small commission based on your purchase. My links will never affect the prices of the products. What I earn will be allocated to improving my content and buying better equipment for better video quality.